Thursday, July 26, 2007

Photo fun

While leaving work today, I see the gorgeous golden light from the setting summer sun so that gave me the urge to find some subject to take a few photo. I ask my big-sis Nena if I follow her to pick up her kids from her sister-in-law's and take a few pictures of her kids. She was reluctant at first, but I clarify that we won't need to drive anywhere special and that I just wanted to take advantage of the beautiful lighting.

Nena was game after the clarification and we both drive to her sister-in-law's house where I found the sisters Maddie and Paige and Nena's own kids Tiffany and Britney all looking so adorable. I took some pictures of Maddie who can be a handful according to Nena and Britney. But for me as the photographer, the problem was not Maddie herself, but rather Nena's sister and brother in law. Attempting to help me, the kept telling Maddie to pose or smile. Of course, Maddie would do as she's told and so give a super big, unnatural smile. Ruins the moment and shot for me as a photographer...but I still did manage to get a number of good ones.

Nena's sister-in-law invited us all into the house and wanted some pictures taken of her many plants. Some were pretty exotic IMHO. She is especially proud of the first plant below. Guess what plant that is. I think it's so cool how she grew it. I obliged and took some pictures of that with Nena and Tiffany acting as my assistants who were in charge of holding my lens and camera gear. :) A big thanks to Nena as my reward for my effort is a chillies plant of my own! Yeaa!

It was fun just shooting for fun and I really need to find more time to shoot for fun. We ended the day with a couple of shot of Nena and her two kids. Enjoy the picture and click on the link below to see the rest from the session. More photos here...

Highslide JS

Guess what fruit plant this is
Highslide JS
Cool Papaya Tree


Highslide JS
Awesome San Diego summer evening...see the Opo vines in the forground?

Highslide JS
Love this shot of Britney
Highslide JS
The three amigos? No...just mother and daughters

No comments: