Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sunday Morning

After making sure Terrence was well fed, Julie and I loaded up the car for the ride up to my parent's Dana Point home to accomplish three specific task. In my dad's words: "We have three things to do if you're not too busy to drive up Sunday. 1. Susan wants to see Terrence. 2. We need to eat your mom's Bun Bo Hue. And 3. you can help me put on the base molding." Of course, my order would have been to eat my mom's Bun Bo Hue first and foremost and if the other two task gets accomplish, it's only gravy from there. ;)

I am so glad that my parents now have a house in Dana Point. I am glad not because the house is beautiful and with a great view, nor is it because it's in a nice beach community. Rather, I am just glad that the drive from San Diego to Dana Point takes only 50 minutes and you don't have to deal with any part of the LA traffic since that part really occurs shortly after the Dana Point area. The long ride, the traffic, things like that are left for us "adult" to worry about. As far as Terrence is concern, he gets a nice nap so he can prepare to play with his grandparents, aunt and uncles, or whoever may be over at the house. Problem is, he's always so stimulated by everyone that he forgets to take his usual nap in between meals. He loves to talk to new people and I hope that friendly and sociable trait continue to stay with him as his grows up.

One of the cool thing about this visit was that my Dad's old partner and friend brought over some fruits he picked from his tree but was totally foreign to me. My sister tells me it's a Fig fruit so I'll have to take her word for it. The inside of the fruit with the reddish seeds does remind me of the center of a Fig Newton so she may be right. Either way, I have never seen, nor had a fresh Fig fruit before. The way you eat it is you peel the outer skin and eat only the center. On a ripe fruit, the outer skin peels away pretty easily. The taste was sweet, but not overly so, and is soft with the seed being slightly crunchy. By the looks of the Fig fruit, I originally thought it was some exotic tropical fruit that originated from the Asian country. There are some many fruits around the world and I hope to get to try them all one day.

Below are picture of the fruity inside of the Fig fruit and a few of Terrence, taking advantage of my parents ornate furnitures. My sister hinted that she doesn't have any pictures with Terrence so I had to comply. Enjoy...

Highslide JS

Inside of a Fig Fruit...my first time eating one


Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS
My sister Susan holding Terrence after her trip to asia
Highslide JS
Terrence loves to suck on his hands nowadays...sometimes he goes for two as seen here

Highslide JS

No comments: