Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's day 2007

Sunday was a day we collectively celebrated father's day in America, and collectively is how we begun the day. All my dad's siblings met up at Rose Hill Memorial to remember my grandfather, who is a man I looked up to and have fond memories of. I only wished he was still alive to hold his first great grandson. The first picture show some of my little cousins paying their respect to my grandfather.

Then we all went our separate ways since everyone had father day celebration of their own to get to. We left to eat some Kim Ky Hu Tieu noodles for lunch. My favorite noodle shop and I haven't found any other that makes noodles quite like they do. After lunch, we went to go look at some tiles my parents had picked out and wanted our opinion on and then off to Dana Point where my sister made reservations at Cannons, a restaurant overlooking Dana Point Harbor.

The view from Cannons was amazing. Come for coffee or dessert and take in the view. I wouldn't recommend the food unless you want to pick up something for your dogs. I'll leave it at that. After dinner, we all headed back to my parents new Dana Point home to relax, be together and enjoy the rest of the evening.

We open up gifts to my dad and gave him a couple of cards which he thoroughly enjoyed. One of the card, my lovely wife had my friend Nena translate to Vietnamese which in my opinion just convey special meanings which is amiss via English sometimes. My Mom made a special, savory and health fresh abalone soup that help to fill our unsatisfied tummies.

This year, I get to experience a lot of first because of my son. Father's day is one of those and like my dad said after reading the words written on the cards he received. A parents' love to their kids is like water in a river going downstream. There's always more abundance at the source and often times, us kids don't fully grasp how abundant that source is until our parents are no longer here with us or until we become a parent of our own. I just hope that as I grow to become the very best of dads, that my father will see that the my own abundance source of love for my own children is because I recognize and received all the love that have flowed down from him. Happy Father's Day dad. You're the best.

More picture after the link: http://dhphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/3022546/1/164212391

Highslide JS

My little cousins showing their respects to their grandfather


Highslide JS
My dear father


Highslide JS
Mmmmm...tasty mudpie


Highslide JS
My sister, dad and mom with Terrence


Highslide JS
Laughing at the card


Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS
Julie found the show color that I wasn't able to get a hold of


Highslide JS
Uncle Walton and Aunt Nancy brought back a gift from NY for Terrence

No comments: