Monday, September 22, 2008

The Pioneer Man...or Domesticated Man?

hehe...I thought the comment June left in my last post about mistaking my blog for the Pioneer Woman's blog was funny. What's funnier is that June knew about that blog and possibly follows it.

Those of you who know me know that I love food. It was once pointed out to me that some of the things I am most passionate about in life revolved around food. Eating is obvious one of those passion. I do feel like that leads me to have the knack for being able to whip together dishes from the meager left overs or the scarcest of ingredients, long forgotten in the back of the freezer or refrigerator. Is that pioneering enough?

Today, I saw that we have some fettuccine pasta, some roast duck, bamboo shoots and other greens. I decided to do a Roast Duck fettuccine noodles stir fry with bamboo shoots, scallions, bean sprouts, shrimp and basil. And all this for Terrence, which he happily devoured shortly after I took the photos and the noodles cooled off enough.

For myself, I took left over stock from Vietnamese sour soup and turned it into a delectable Thai Tom Yum soup with plenty of bam, bam chilies. One of which I accidentally chewed whole and burned me good. :) Mmm..so good.

Julie always wonders what I fed Terrence for the day because of the lack of dirty dishes or mess. I swear, I do feed the boy. I just like to clean up after myself. How else can we account for him continuing to grow so well and pooing like there's no tomorrow? ;)
6b2c0a9fc0

A quick Tom Yum soup. I dropped about 10 chillies bombs in there. One of them got me good.
ef4899cc40


Here's a photo of Susan from her visit here a few weeks ago. My cousin Thao was testing out my 20D and took this awesome shot. Great angle and I love the feel of it photo. What do you guys think?
72a87aea94

1 comment:

BRAIN FARTER said...

that don't look like leftovers. that looks like a 2-hour prepared meal. don't lie, david.

the photographer and camera did well considering what they had to work with. j/k. susan came out beautiful, as always.