Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Growth and harvest...

On Sunday, Julie and I drove up with Terrence to purchase some Kee Wah mooncakes to beui our parents and grandparent. This is a traditional thing that asian people do prior to the lunar festival. All the asian shopping centers were packed with people doing the same thing.

Once done there, we drove over to my parents house where Julie had a good time picking guavas and apples from my parents tree. Looking at the sizes of the tree and the bountiful fruits dangling from them got me remembering when my family and I first moved into that house many years ago. There was nothing there except hard, rocky dirt and my parents had to plant everything.

I remember dreading having to wake up on the weekend to go outside and pull weeds or help clean up the yard. But now if it weren't for those efforts, we wouldn't be having such a special time enjoying these moments with my parents, picking fruits and later enjoy eating them. Looking at how small Terrence is, one can't help thinking life is so similar. We must plant those seeds and saplings...knowledge and nurture them to grow. There's a lot of effort there, but only when we put in the time and effort can we harvest the fruits of those labors years later.

Check out the following pictures. Being short is always a challenge...especially when you are fruit picking. :)
Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

It's like Julie went grocery shopping...the nice thing about having a fruit tree is you get to pick the fruit at the exact moment it taste that way you like it. In my case, I like my apples crunchy...and more on the tart side with some sweetness. Goes great with chili salt. :)
Highslide JS



Highslide JSHighslide JS


Highslide JS

No comments: