Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Fish's for dinner...

I woke up this morning and had the urge to cook the Marlin Julie defrosted for the day before but we did not get to cook. I figured I could make a couple of dishes with it and bring it to the office for lunch. However, I did not get a chance to eat my creation because the storm was brewing and the colder weather means a hot bowl of Chinese noodles was calling for me and Nena. If you didn't know, both me and my big sis LOVE NOODLES!

So off we went at lunch to a little noodle shop on Linda Vista Rd. The steaming combination of yellow egg and white rice noodles really hit the spot and even better, it was Nena's treat. Thanks so much!!!

After work, I stopped by the tennis court to get a little exercise in and played a set with Sonny, Don and the new guy, Day or Dave. I thought it was Dave, but I heard Sonny mention his name was Day or something like that later on that night. Regardless, the team composed of Sonny and I did a decent job early on as we slowly pulled away before I temporarily dislocated my left shoulder on a menacing volley/slam at the net. Luckily for me, the arm went back into the socket as quickly as it got out. Nonetheless, damage was done and with my shoulder weak, the other team caught up and tied before taking the lead at 6 games to our 5. But Sonny and I caught up which forced the match to go into a tie breaker where we had to play in the dark. Even with the challenge of being able to see the ball and make contact with it, Sonny and I eventually managed to win the set. Yea!!! for us.

Afterwards, I stopped by Nena's house to pick up some fish she had defrosted especially for me and Julie. So with some really fresh looking fish, I go the urge to cook a couple of dishes for dinner tonight and allow my wife to rest a bit. I got home at 8:10 and we were eating by 8:50. Not too shabby and it was good meal. A simple two dish affair, but it's great to be able to have a home cooked meal with my wife and child. Terrence got to sit in his high chair patiently awaiting his turn to eat. He's actually going to get to eat solid food for the first time tomorrow morning so stay tune for pictures from that life's first event. :)

Fried fish topped with galic, jalapenos from Julie's mom's garden and a delicious sweet fish sauce courtesy of Nena. The fish was fried enough that we were able to chew through of the bones. Just the way my friend Denny likes it.
Highslide JS

Simple fish soup that really help to balance out the flavors of the first dish.
Highslide JS

No comments: