Thursday, March 22, 2007

Gazing through new eyes

Once the Julie and my family heard of the news, everyone made the long drive down to San Diego to visit with baby Terrence for the first time. Both grandparents were ecstatic as well as all the new aunts and uncle. Terrence is so lucky to have everyone who loves him so much.

You'd think that pregnancy and birth is such a common event. But it really is a celebration of life when something so little finally comes into this world, healthy. It's not something that everyone is bless with and so far, I feel extremely bless that all the events unfolded so nicely.

Anyways it has been a long day and now that all the visitors has gone home, I will save all the gory birth pictures and leave you with this single picture. I like how Terrence was born wide awake and so inquisitive. He kept gazing at everything and everyone, seeing all for the first time. I like how this picture reflects that. He seemingly gazes right through the camera at me. I also love how Mom is in the background, still recovering from the birth. I guess this will be one of the first changes as a new parent, is that we learn to see things anew, through our baby's newborn eyes.

Highslide JS

Terrence bundled up with mommy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is a darn good shot!