Monday, March 19, 2007

Apricot Blossoms

I was surfing the web for meaningful Vietnamese baby names for our soon to be born son. I always knew that the Mai name meant blossom but I did not know of what plant until I came across this website. According to the site, Mai means apricot blossom in Vietnamese. This site further explains that it is a revered plant and is a symbol of purity and taste.

In some part of the country, winter is still around as evident by the snow on the ground. However, in sunny San Diego, we are blessed with beautiful warm weather and fresh life springing up everywhere. At lunch today, I watched as bees hover and buzz, busily pollinating the beautiful white apricot blossoms. Last year came and went and the apricot tree did not bear much fruits. Hopefully, the blooms of the apricot blossom signify that this year will be different and that apricots will be plentiful. In a couple of months, we may have fresh picked apricot to use in our sauces and marinades. I can't wait...until then, enjoy this photo taken with my buddy Ham's 100mm F/2.8 macro lense.
Highslide JS

Apricot Blossom from Tree in Denny/Lee's Backyard

No comments: