Sunday, August 12, 2007

Son and Huong's Wedding

I had a blast attending Sonny's younger brother Son's wedding. We all met at Son's parents home where the Vietnamese tea ceremony took place. Because the bride and groom got caught in the typical Saturday summer traffic into San Diego, it allowed me some time to get some relax portraits of the lovely ladies who represented Son's side of the party.

Everyone should know Nena by now. Pratically every shot I caught where she was in the background, she was usually laughing or smiling. I guess she really enjoyed herself last night.
Highslide JS

Nena's lovely daughters Tiffany and Britney.
Highslide JSHighslide JS




The groom's mother. I love the way she looks in this photo. The red color of her áo dài really pops out from the background.
Highslide JS




The following are Son's sisters. Tracy in the following picture, drove with her family all the way down from Oregon to attend the wedding ceremony. She was so nice to look after me through out the whole day, making sure I had enough to eat and drink. Thanks Tracy.
Highslide JS

Tracy looks great here, but she looks even better in the evening with the dress she wore then.




Another one of Sonny's sister, I only know her by her vietnamese name. Don't ask me to spell it. But she was also fussy over me all evening, making sure I had enough to eat and even packing food so I can take home to my wife Julie.
Highslide JS




Xui (sp?) is Mimi's sister. Mimi was still putting the final touches on the wedding details so she wasn't around for the portrait session.
Highslide JS




A few shots of the bride's bouquet. I love the vibrant colors and some of the details represented here.
Highslide JS

Highslide JS




Here is a shots of the centerpiece so meticulously created by the fun to be around Mimi, one of Son's neice. She may be next in line to get married and she was nice enough to mention that she would love for me to photograph her wedding. Judging by her creation of the boutonnières and the centerpiece, that will be a wedding that's going to be lovely to shoot. Can't wait till then...hurry up Destin, everyone is waiting.

Highslide JS




One of my favorite type of photos to take...here's a ring shot of a pair of matching his and her wedding rings.
Highslide JS




The wedding reception was lots of fun and the band did a good job of getting everyone to get up and dance. Actually, I was impress that so many of the guest wanted to get up and shake their booties late into the night. All in all, it was lots of fun. Here is the link to the gallery...latest pictures will appear there. Son and Huong's gallery.

No comments: