Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My favs from the other night

Here are a few of my favorite moments from the other night. The story behind the first picture was that I was shooting something else entirely when I caught the vibrant dress out of the corner of my eye. I turn just in time to see Huong walking between the aisle of sharply dress men and I knew instantly the shot I wanted to capture. I quickly knelt down fired off a single shot and captured the following moment. The more I look at it, the more I love the motion represented in this image.

Highslide JS

I saw this moment happening as the bride and groom went table to table to toast their guest. The cute little flower girl is Britney and I saw how adorable she was peering through the basket. So I had to quickly capture the moment before it was lost.

Highslide JS

The night ended with lots of dancing and it allowed me to practice getting some creative shots of it. I set up a off camera strobe that I triggered wirelessly to create this flared shot. I like the mood it created and once you adjust yourself to the blinding light, you see the expression of the people and they are having a great time.

Highslide JS

Here's Britney again, tearing up the dance floor. I think she looks so much like her mom Nena, and in this picture...she's tearing up the dance floor like her mom as well. Nena was the number one person I saw consistently in all my dancing photos; laughing and having just a great time dancing with everyone. Well, everyone except me. ;) I did get a chance to do the twist with Britney so that was fun.

Highslide JS

No comments: