Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Missing child...

Julie kisses me goodbye, leaving her precious little boy in my care. Terrence taking it as a cue start waving goodbye to his mommy. He follows her as she leaves the room and head off to work. Generally, after seeing his mom off at the stairs, he comes running back into the room where I am or go and contently play in his little play area.

This morning was different. After about 5 minutes of not hearing a peep from him, my paternal instinct kicked in and I went looking for him. To ensure he is safe and not getting into too much trouble. I started by checking each open room upstairs. Didn't hear him nor see him. Now that he can go downstairs aptly by himself, he would occasionally wander down there. So I go downstairs. I still don't hear him nor see him. Hmmm...did I miss him upstairs? Did he lock himself somewhere? Did his mom take him with her?!? nah...that can't be.

I returned upstairs. This time, checking each of the closed rooms and bathrooms. Still not there so I doubled back on the open rooms again... this time, paying attention to the nooks and cranny that little boys his age love to get into. In the master bedroom, I was checking the bath area when I heard the slightest of sound. That's enough for my perk ears to triangulate his position. This is what I saw and I quickly grabbed the camera at hand to capture this moment. Who would know that I was walking back and forth and miss him entirely behind my guitar. The little monster stayed quiet and stealthy, knowing full well I was looking for him and his diaper loaded with poop. If I had Julie's nose, perhaps I could have sniffed him out.

Wonder where the little monster is?
2778792310_a69711a0a8
2778792282_c8ca60d6c1
Are you beginning to see a pattern in his facial expression once he gets caught doing what he's doing?
2778792238_54b5446a15

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That a good spot for hiding go sick.

Anonymous said...

haha LOL, I love it..man, he is good. What an awesome hiding spot to mess with Dad's guitar.

Anonymous said...

hahaha, that is so funny. his two pudgy feet gave him away.

Anonymous said...

awe... look at those big eyes... who can get mad at him. Too cute!