Monday, May 12, 2008

A Special Mother's Day...

Julie, Terrence and I drove up to Santa Ana to meet up with Julie's family to celebrate Mother's day. Afterwards, we drove over to Dana Point to celebrate with my family with a low key bbq at home. Nancy helped to plan the event, but faith would have it...her water broke that morning and she went into Pomona Valley Hospital to begin her journey to motherhood. My family and I all waited and tried to best enjoy ourselves while eager to hear news of a successful birth. I told Julie that I expect the baby to come at about 5.

Baby Calvin came into the world shortly before 5PM, officially making my youngest sister Nancy a mom and me an uncle. On the perfect day too since it is both Mother's day and my birthday. Congratulations Nancy and Walton. And a big Welcome into the world baby Calvin. Baby arrive at a nice healthy 7lb 3oz. Here are some pictures taken when we arrived at the hospital a little after 7pm to visit with Nancy and the baby. Unfortunately Walton was not in any of these pictures because he was downstairs watching over Terrence while Julie and I visited. The hospital has a rule that bars anyone under 12yrs old from being up in the maternity ward. boo

New mom!!! You did awesome!ebe0c3141d


Look at that cutie. Who does he resemble more?df37e62a0f


Awww...so cute. How could you not smile?c99e0a23f3


Looking upon her new son's face. A happy and content new mom.35316387bf


A partially hidden yawn.1ab2306a43


A capture of the baby crying. Always so cute in a picture since you can't hear anything. :)8d1c483664


6b33195060


a0d9fa5c3b


1ac7a911c8


Julie with her new nephew. She's now officially an aunt.c1a2e51aa0


A closer look of Calvin as he suckle on the backs of his hand.e533474ea3


Nancy looks really great for just having given birth. I guess the hard part was over. Here the nurse is helping her get into the wheel chair so they can take her upstairs to her new room.dab286ae53


After arriving at her new room, the nurse had us waiting outside until she does her routine. Here's a picture of my grandma looking on with my dad once we were finally let back in to visit.14808637e5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday David, congrats Nancy and Walton, baby Calvin is such a cutie. Can't yet tell who he looks like.

BRAIN FARTER said...

happy birthday, david.

congrats on being an uncle, too.