Monday, May 03, 2010

Life's event documented...

One of the thing I appreciate more and more as I mature as a photographer is the historic record a photograph maintain. We hear that the years fly by faster the older you get. And I think it's more apparent when you have your own kids and another birthday arrives.

So despite it being some effort to try to document an event like I would on a paid shoot, I feel that the value of the photograph will be shown 10-20 years from now. And that's important enough to put the effort forth and capture moments and memories like these.

I have started shooting more and more film and my processing follow the beautiful, organic look of film. I am mixing in the best properties of each medium to evolve as a photographer and offer the best of the technology out there to my clients.

I love a properly frame candid. The symmetry of the colors adds to the frame.
7f307c219e
a521f7fb5d
9cc607e7df
bcb40d821c
900ab5e822
63ffd9dcd8
36f978977f
17de0af9b8
Calvin ran off and met another group and came back with a slice of watermelon. Just about as good a food begger as Terrence and the dog from Bolt. :)
bc4d9a7edd
aeb9a3bd65
Just wondering, why is it so hard to work with family? They like to dictate where I take the photo instead of leaving it up to me to find the best lighting with foreground to background element that adds to the picture instead of compete. We are not taking vacation photos, so no, I am not gonna get the ocean backdrop or planted roses. Simply because the light is harsh in those direction. Please let me enjoy my craft. That way, you get flattering images like these out of the camera.
a6ebb75501
7c40f71b7f
I love these next couple of images of the birthday boy and his grandparents.
77baab29eb
9e0550bb8a
I am never sure who is leading who when Susan's taking care of the kids. ;)
363d662525
My youngest cousin. Such a cutie.
1a0c8c9596
17d185e715
Family and friends, please dress you kids as cute as possible when you come to an event with me. My camera gravitates towards cuteness.
09a14fdb71
82f40f6932
The mom and her daughter.
8a6e9e22d1
61c282e86e

2 comments:

BRAIN FARTER said...

so true about Susan. i think that's why the kids gravitate towards her.

Unknown said...

I love the photos, captures the fun we had that day. Thanks for sharing and taking these.