Thursday, August 06, 2009

Shifting focus to enjoy the present...

Some days I feel so stress because I have a huge todo list with all of the items on there due yesterday. Knowing this, Julie lovingly took Terrence out so they can leave me to my work for the morning. Jason normally has a long morning nap, so she left him in my care.

I am pretty certain that kids are put there to make us adult stop doing what we think we need to get done, and take time to enjoy the present and everything in it. Just as I was getting focus with work, I hear him wake up to change my focus and perspective. In the past, I may have push through and try to get some more done with the kids awake. But a more rewarding perspective is to let work be and enjoy spending some time with the kiddo while he's awake.

With a smile like this, how can I get any work done? These photos again makes it worth stopping every now and then and shift focus to the present.e39e493cd6

With babies, you can get away with an overexposed shot like this.3796415544

Comon, how can I say no to cuteness like this? What work?f3695b35a2

Adorable asset1ff6ef0140

You can see his top teeth trying to push through the gum.750d5c616b

1 comment:

Ham said...

Dude, make sure you put in NSFW in your title, I could have gotten into trouble. Nice work on the photos, love the way you capture his smile on the 1st one, he is soo Julie.