Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Saturday Suprise B-day Party

While I was away, my wife was at home scheming. She got it in her head to throw a party for my birthday. Of course, she brought it up to my BTF family and they all got it in their head that it would be fun to torture their fishing buddy. But all jokes aside, it was so much fun seeing everyone get together for dinner. :) Thanks so much for all the planning and effort you guys put into all of this. It was so much fun and I appreciate it more than I am able to convey. And you guys know you do not ever need to get me any gifts. Your friendship is enough.

I was driving back from LA with Julie and I told her that my friends are great and I don't know what to make of their monetary gifts. I realized that we all work hard for our money and that the each person's contribution to my "camera fun" is more than I can accept. But you know, a good wife and mother is always able to put things into a different perspective. Julie told me that my friends believe in what I want to do and they want to see me succeed at it. The contribution is to help me get closer to that goal and it wouldn't be right to give it back, even if I have the best of intention. Besides, she said that I am to think of it as a deposit. Once I become a successful wedding photographer, it'll be in time to pay back the dues and shoot my friends weddings for free. LOL You guys better sign up now, I may be book years in advance shortly here. ;)

So, I just wanted to say, thanks again for all your efforts and planning for undeserving ole (literally) me. Hopefully by the time the next one of you guys get hitch, I will be able to offer my services as a full time photographer.

Highslide JS

Florence decorated this yummy chocolate cake. It was so good eating this with a nice tall glass of homo milk.

Highslide JS
Keo and Julie being silly. Denny I'm out of focus!

No comments: