Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rocking the little one to sleep...

Lil Jason isn't feeling too well. I think this is the third cold/flu/whatever he's gotten in succession since the storm hit San Diego. Perhaps it's the cold and wet weather or a case of the whooping cough going into its second stage. J'ase (something I call him every now and then. Kinda like Chase, but with a J) been coughing a lot since last night.

The school Terrence attend twice a week sent a general notice via email, saying there have been some confirm cases of Pertusis, better known as whopping cough at the school. Julie took Terrence in for some test and that came back negative. However, with a prescribed dosage of antibiotics, Terrence seem to have recovered and is all better now.

However, Jason looks like he's going through the worst of it right now. With a fever over the weekend, throwing up a couple of times last night and now the coughing spells. The weather is back to beautiful here in San Diego and my cousins from Oz dropped by for a visit. They are in San Diego today and I was hoping to hang out with them before they leave. But gotta take care of the little ones first and foremost.

Sleeping is always the best remedy for any cold or flu and help mitigate the annoying symptoms. Especially when the sick is young and can't be medicated with traditional medicine. So I am rocking J'ase to sleep at my feet and typing up this post with my free hand. Using a rocking technique I developed by observation of us ocean running, wave jumping fisherman who often fall asleep on the boat because of the rocking motion of the boat. With this technique, I can get the little one to sleep for 3-4 hrs straight if needed.

Anyways, here are a couple of photos of them before bed time while his mom was in Maine two weekends ago. I send photos like these to share with his mom so she doesn't miss them too much or get worried. Anyways, I need to get a nap in myself to kick this cold that seems to be growing in me.

d738b9acb6
J'ase tackling his brother from behind.
81594f6cb1

Edit this post to update with a shot with my iPhone and the Instagram app. He's snoring peacefully right now with some Jack Johnson's Angel playing via the Pandora Lullaby Theme (Family) station.
1532ebb4b4

No comments: